Print Friendly Recipe
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) egg whites
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). grated fresh or finley chopped dried lemon rind
- 1 tsp (5 ml). lemon flavoring
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) crispy rice cereal
- Place oil and brown sugar in a bowl and mix at medium speed until creamy.
- Add egg whites, lemon juice, rind and flavoring, and mix at medium speed to blend well.
- Stir flour, oatmeal, baking powder, and baking soda together to blend well.
- Add to creamy mixture while beating at medium speed.
- Stir in cereal.
- Drop by the level tbspful onto cookie sheets left ungreased or lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove them to a wire rack and cool to room temperature. (36 cookies)
- Food Exchanges per serving: 2/3 starch/bread exchange + 1 fat exchange
Calories: 87, CHO: 11g, PRO: 1g, Fat: 4g, Na: 66mg, Cholesterol: 0
From Desserts for Diabetics by Mable Cavaiani, R. D.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.