Print Friendly Recipe
- National dish of the Phillipines
- 1 small onion, slices
- 8 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 slices fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1 3 lb (1.4 kg). chicken, cut up, rinsed and dried
- chicken broth
- thyme, fresh or dried
- Comine all ingredients in pressure cooker
- Bring to high pressure on 5 pounds, reduce heat to maintain pressure.
- Cook for approximately 1 hour.
- This dish has an absolutely wonderful flavor. I usually serve this with rice to which I have cooked in chicken broth vs. water and have added fresh or dried thyme.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.