Print Friendly Recipe
- A meat soup from Argentina
- Latin American Cooking by Elizabeth l. Ortiz
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lean beef, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped parsley
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cayenne (optional)
- 6 cups (1425 ml) beef stock or water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in saucepan and saute onion and bell pepper until both are tender.
- Add beef (round or sirloin) that has been coarsely chopped in a food processor or by hand, and saute, stirring for a few minutes to break up beef.
- Add potatoes, parsley, cayeen, stock or water and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring once or twice during the cooking time.
- This Argentinian recipe is a very simple but traditional soup.
It is similar to a soup made in Paraguay named So'O-Yosopy.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.