Print Friendly Recipe
- Pork Quesadillas
- Sandra Cannon
- 1 pound cooked Smithfield Lean Generation Pork roast, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 or more jalapeno peppers (optional), seeded and minced (Use rubber gloves when handling hot peppers)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) onion, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) black pepper
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas
- tomato salsa
- Preheat oven 500 degrees (250 C.).
- In a large bowl mix together the pork, cheese, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange one-eighth of the filling on half of each tortilla.
- Fold each tortilla over to make a half-moon.
- Place quesadillas, not touching, on shallow baking pans.
- Bake until quesadillas are crisp and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board, cut into wedges, and serve with salsa.
- Important: Smithfield Lean Generation Pork cooks
15-20% faster than ordinary pork. Do not overcook.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.