Print Friendly Recipe
- Great Munchies
- Prickly Pear
- 4 cups (950 ml) walnuts
- 1/2 c sugar
- water, boiling
- oil for deep frying, heated to 350 degrees
- Place walnuts in boiling water, bring to a boil once again and continue boiling for one minute.
- Transfer walnuts to a colander and rinse with hot water and drain well.
- Put boiled/drained walnuts in large bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar.
- Stir for about five minutes or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to about 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Add walnuts and fry for about 5 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove and drain on brown paper (paper towels will stick) that has been placed over several layers of newspaper.
- LIGHTLY sprinkle walnuts with salt and let cool.
- Keep in a covered (air tight) container.
- These keep well but won't be around long enough for you to find out! I make these at Christmas and give them as gifts--this past year I made 24 cups! I had barely enough to go around! People feel slighted if they don't receive any.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.