Print Friendly Recipe
- Prickly Pear
Serves/Makes:4 or more servings
- 3 to 4 medium sized potatoes, peeled, grated and drained
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) potato flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) onion, grated
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) BUTTER, melted
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until they are thick.
- Stir in the potatoes, potato flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, onion and melted butter.
- Turn the mixture into a greased (or sprayed with PAM) 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) baking dish.
- Bake the kugel in an oven preheated to 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 1 hour, or until browned.
- Serve hot.
- My husband and friends really like this. I usually make it with Yukon Gold potatoes--great flavor, but russets/baking potatoes are fine.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.