Print Friendly Recipe
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:Makes 24-36 squares, (cookies)
- 32 caramel candies (the Kraft caramel squares are what I use)
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) heavy cream
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) quick oats
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) butter, melted
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped pecans
- In the top of double boiler, melt caramels with the cream, keep warm, not hot, and set aside.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and butter. press 3/4 of mixture into a well-greased 11 inch x 7 inch x 2 inch baking pan (Jelly Roll pan) and bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Immediately when the crust comes out of the oven , sprinkle chocolate chips and pecans over baked crumb mixture.
- Next, pour caramel mixture over the top of the nuts and chocolate.
- For the next layer, sprinkle with the remaining crumbs and bake for 20 more minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Chill for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.