Print Friendly Recipe
- Individual or casserole dish of hot savory succulent crab dish.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:Serves 4-6 (8-12 oz ramekins)
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter (unsalted best)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) all purpose flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) whole milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) celery salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce (I use 1/4 tsp)
- dash of cayenne pepper (to taste, I use more)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sherry (use a good one for best results)
- 1 cup (225 ml) soft bread crumbs (I like day old sourdough best)
- 2 cups (475 ml) crab meat (canned is alright, but fresh crab is awesome)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) parsley, minced
- Heat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Melt butter, add onion and cook over low heat until onion is lightly browned.
- Add flour, blend together thoroughly.
- Add milk and seasonings and cook until mixture has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add egg yolk, stir, and remove saucepan from heat.
- Add sherry and most of the bread crumbs, reserving a small portion to sprinkle over top of mixture.
- Then add crab meat and parsley to the mixutre and gently blend.
- Fill greased ramekins (individual casserole dishes).
- Top with remaining bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until browned and bubbling.
- Serve with a good stick of French Bread and a tossed green salad with a simple white wine vinagrette.
A chilled glass of Chardonnay is spectacular with this dish!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.