Print Friendly Recipe
- S. Chokel
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, steamed crisp tender
- 6 strips bacon, partially cooked
- garlic salt to taste
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light brown sugar, packed
- Gather 6 to 10 beans in bundles and wrap 1/2 piece of bacon around center of each bundle.
- Place bundles in a foil lined baking dish.
- Sprinkle bundles with garlic salt.
- Pour somewhat cooled melted butter over bundles.
- Sprinkle the bundles with brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 15 to 20 minutes or until bacon is done.
- These are so simple and delicious. Makes a wonderful vegetable dish for any meal. Elevates to elegant for formal presentations and is down home delicious for picnics and barbeques! Try taking these to a pot luck for rave reviews!
Note: Substitute with tender sweet Green Asparagus in the Spring time for a wonderful Easter side dish!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.