Print Friendly Recipe
- vegetable oil spray for misting pan
- flour for dusting pan
- 1 18.25 oz (511 grm). package plain white cake mix
- 2 cups (475 ml) melted ice cream, your choice of flavor
- 3 large eggs
- Chocolate Marshmellow Frosting:
- 2 cups (475 ml) confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsweetened cocoa
- 6 large marshmallows
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter (one-half stick)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) plus 1 tbsp (15 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pure vanilla
- Place the rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Lightly mist a 12 cups (2825 ml) Bundt pan with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour.
- Shake out excess flour.
- Set the pan aside.
- Place the cake mix, melted ice cream and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer at low speed for 1 minute.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of bowl with rubber spatula.
- Increase the mixer speed to meduim and beat 2 minutes more, scraping down sides if needed.
- The batter should be thick and well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with spatula.
- Place cake in the oven.
- Bake the cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger, and just starts to pull away from from the sides of pan, 38 to 42 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place on wire rack to cool for 20 minutes more.
- Remove the cake from pan.
- Meanwhile prepare the frosting.
- Sift the sugar and cocoa together in a large mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- Place the marshmallows, butter, and milk in a meduim heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Stir until marshmallows are melted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour the sugar/cocoa mixture over the marshmallow mixture.
- Add the vanilla and stir until the frosting is smooth and satiny.
- Place the cake on serving platter and frost the top and sides.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.