Print Friendly Recipe
- Another of my mother's good, old-fashioned recipes!
- Caroline, from New Zealand
Serves/Makes:4 or more for dessert
- 3 oz (84 grm). dark chocolate (called "Energy Chocolate in NZ and is not your usual "sweet" chocolate)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) milk
- 1-1/2 pints milk
- 2-1/4 oz (63 grm). cornflour or corn starch
- 1-1/2 oz (42 grm). white sugar
- 2 drops vanilla essence
- Place the 3 tbsp (45 ml) of milk into a medium sized saucepan.
- Add the chocolate (broken into small pieces).
- Dissolve stirring over a low, gentle heat.
- Take off of heat.
- In a large jug mix the cornflour with a little of the second measurement of milk and put the remainder of the milk into a small saucepan to heat.
- When quite hot, but not boiling, add it to the blended cornflour and stir.
- Pour this into the larger saucepan (containing the melted chocolate) and stir.
- Cook until thickened, then add the sugar and a little vanilla essence.
- Transfer to a fancy serving bowl, or individual serving dishes, and chill.
- You can serve with whipped cream and fruit, but it is just as good on its own!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.