Print Friendly Recipe
- Better Homes and Gardens Diabetic Cookbook
- 1 recipe Lower-Fat Oil Pastry (Below)
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) maple-flavored syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 packets heat-stable sugar substitute
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1 cup (225 ml) evaporated fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). vanilla
- frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed (optional)
- Lower-Fat Oil Pastry:
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fat-free milk
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cooking oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) or more additional milk (as needed)
- In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt.
- Combine milk and cooking oil; add all at once to flour mixture.
- Stir with a fork until dough forms.
- If necessary, add 1 to 2 tsp (10 ml) additional milk.
- Shape the dough into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, flatten pastry.
- Roll into a 12-inch circle.
- Wrap pastry circle around the rolling pin; unroll into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Ease pastry into pan, being careful not to stretch pastry.
- Trim to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate.
- Fold under extra pastry.
- Crimp the edge as desired.
- Do not prick pastry.
- In a medium bowl combine pumpkin, syrup, flour, sugar substitute, and pumpkin pie spice; add egg product.
- Beat lightly with a rotary beater or fork until just combined.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk and vanilla; mix well.
- Place pastry-lined pie plate on oven rack.
- Carefully pour filling into pastry shell.
- To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil.
- Bake in a 375 degree (200 C.) oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil.
- Bake 20-25 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours.
- If desired, serve with dessert topping.
- Nutrition facts per serving: 216 calories, 6 g total fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Daily values: 126% vit. A, 4% vit. C, 11% calcium, 15% iron
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.