Print Friendly Recipe
- Pete Roselle and Dan Qualye.. neither can spell POTATO without an "e", but! These pancakes are a SUPERIOR A+ in taste! Spell 'em anyway you like!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:4 entree-2x as many appetizers
- 4or more potatoes (2 cups (475 ml) grated)
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) parsley (optional)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) nutmeg (optional)
- Mix all ingredients.
- Heat frying pan (I use my iron one for this) with shortening.
- It is nice to add a little bacon grease for flavor.
- Drop large spoonfuls of potato mixture into the pan and brown the pancakes over medium heat.
- Turn to brown on the other side.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- TO MAKE AHEAD:
- Reheat the pancakes on a large cookie sheet at 375 degrees (200 C.) until very hot.
- TO FREEZE:
- Freeze in container (foil pie pans are ideal) between layers of saran.
- Defrost then reheat as above.
Directly copied from Pete Rozelle, NFL Commissioner, Page 116
"Souper Bowl of Recipes, Favorite Recipes of Famous NFL Personalities"
by: Nan Perry, Betty Arnsparger, Nancy Siebert, and Dorothy Shula
Library of Congress Catalog Number 80-82260
I make these often times for appetizers and top them with sausages and kraut or sour cream and crumbled bacon.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.