Print Friendly Recipe
- Deliciously different roasted chicken to swoon over. A SIMPLE family favorite, but best for a Lover's Dinner!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:Serves 4 or more
- 1 3 lb (1.4 kg). frying chicken
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brandy (use more if you like)
- 1/2 light brown sugar (use more if you like)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- Rinse and clean chicken well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the whole chicken with the brandy, reserve leftover brandy.
- Rub the whole chicken well with the light brown sugar, reserve the leftover brown sugar.
- Take the leftover brandy, brown sugar and add the butter and roughly mix it up and stuff inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 1 hour, or until the juices of the chicken run clear.
- 1. Often times, I place a whole cored apple in the cavity with the brandy, sugar, butter mixture.
2. For a NON-alcoholic version, substitute garlic salt for the brandy. It gives a great alternative that by itself is just as good if not better!
3. Substitute chicken breast halves in a roasting dish is a great way to have individual servings without having to carve a bird.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.