Print Friendly Recipe
- Ramps grow each spring in Appalachia; have a great wild breakfast!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:As many as you want!
- 15 ramps
- 1 lb (.5 kg). bacon
- 6 or more eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut cleaned ramps in one-inch pieces.
- Parboil in plain water.
- While ramps are boiling, fry bacon in large iron skillet to point just before it becomes crisp.
- Cut bacon in pieces.
- Drain parboiled ramps and place in hot bacon fat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste; fry until done.
- Serve garnished with boiled eggs, sliced.
- Ramps are often cooked without boiling.
- Some cooks break eggs over ramps during final seconds of cooking and stir lightly.
- Remove when eggs are done.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.