Print Friendly Recipe
- Debbie M.
- 6-8 bananas
- box of vanilla wafers
- 2 cups (475 ml) of milk
- 3 egg yolks (save eggwhites for meringue)
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 5 tbsp (70 ml). flour
- 3 egg whites (from above)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- Put milk,sugar,egg yolks,flour,and vanilla in pot.
- Mix well,stir constantly over medium heat until desired thickness (don't get too thick).
- Slice bananas and layer with cookies in casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over top,then mix together.
- Using the 3 egg whites saved,make meringue and place on top.
- Cook in a preheated 400 degree (200 C.) oven on bottom rack until desired browness.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar and continue to beat until desired stiffness.
- I think this is just like the one on the Nilla Wafer box.
It may be altered a little. I don't usually measure the
ingredients. I wrote this down from memory.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.