Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 2 oz (56 grm). tin anchovies, drain on paper towels, use half in dressing and reserve half for salad
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Dijon mustard
- 2 dashes Worchestershire sauce
- 1 splash red wine vinegar
- 1 fresh egg, raw or coddled
- 1 cup (225 ml) light, extra virgin olive oil
- fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except olive oil.
- Blend until smooth, but not too long.
- With blender running, add olive oil in a gradual stream.
- Continue blending until oil is completely incorporated.
- Best if chilled before use.
- This is a theme and variation on the Fairmont Hotel "Squire Room" recipe. Everyone who has tried it has raved about it!
Romaine must be well-chilled and dry.
All ingredients may be adjusted to suite taste. I usually use 1/2 the oil the recipe calls for to reduce fat.
Remainder of anchovies may be rough chopped or left whole to serve at table.
I always use shredded parmesean and homemade croutons for this salad.
Serve in well-chilled bowls or plates.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.