Print Friendly Recipe
- Wonderful little cakes that have appeal to adults and kids alike.
- S. Chokel
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) self-rising flour
- Chocolate Icing:
- 2 cups (475 ml) powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) boiling water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease square bake pan.
- Cream butter and sugar in large mix bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating the batter after each addition.
- Fold in flour and milk, alternating portions of each ingredient and continuing to mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in pan, then turn onto rack and let cool completely.
- Slice into squares.
- Chocolate Icing Directions and Assemby Instructions:
- Sift powdered sugar into medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine boiling water with vanilla and cocoa.
- Add the blended cocoa mixture to the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Ice squares on all sides & roll in coconut. Let dry on rack.
- These might be the best import from Australia! Try serving them for buffet Easter Dinners or for special after dinner dessert with coffee and friends.
These are a favorite of kids for everyday snacking, so be careful or they will simply fly away!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.