Print Friendly Recipe
- Rich and tangy sweet lemon squares. Our family uses fresh Arizona lemons for best results!
- S. Chokel
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) powdered sugar
- 2 sticks butter (you can use 1/2 margarine)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) powdered sugar
- 2 medium whole lemons, quartered and seeded.
- 2 cups (475 ml) granulated sugar, separated
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- powdered sugar
- Blend the flour, powdered sugar, butter, and salt in a food processor or a mixing bowl with an electric mixer.
- Spread in a 9 inch x 13 inch cake pan and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for no more than 20 minutes.
- Place the eggs, 1 cup (225 ml) powdered sugar, 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar, and lemons in a blender; blend it all together, lemon peels and all, until it is all mushed.
- Then, add to the blender add the next 1 cup (225 ml) of sugar, the flour and the baking powder and blend well.
- Lasly, take the mixture out of the blender and pour over the crust and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- After removing from the oven, let it cool and sprinkle powdered sugar.
- 1 Cup (225 ml) of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup (60 ml) of Flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of Baking Powder
- This is so easy, anyone can make them. Basically, you make the crust and soft bake it, and then you stick everything into a blender, pour it, bake it, and that is it!
Options: Use freshly picked oranges, limes, or grapefruits too! (Use only 1/2 of the grapefruit peel and try to take the pith off).
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.