Print Friendly Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips/chunks, divided
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Kahlua
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Kahlua
- 24 oz (672 grm). cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) powdered sugar
- Mix crumbs, butter, and sugar.
- Press onto bottom and up the sides part way of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Freeze 5 minutes, then bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for ten minutes and allow to cool.
- Heat in a bowl or pan over boiling water 1/2 cup (125 ml) chocolate chunks until melted and smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup (60 ml) whipping cream and 1/4 cup (60 ml) Kahlua and stir until blended.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, cocoa and sugar until fluffy.
- Add first mixture to the second and blend well.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, and add vanilla.
- Pour over prepared crust and bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Decrease to 275 degrees (125 C.) and bake another 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cool; loosen cake from rim of pan and remove.
- Melt remaining chocolate.
- Then add 1/4 cup (60 ml) whipping cream and the 2 tbsp (30 ml) Kahlua, mixing well.
- Spread on top of cake and refrigerate six or so hours.
- Before serving, beat remaining whipping cream with the powdered sugar and garnish cake by piping it on and decorating with a few remaining chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.