Print Friendly Recipe
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:10 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). rigatoni or other medium pasta shape
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fresh bratwurst
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) beer
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cheddar cheese
- 2 sweet red peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh basil, chiffonade or chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Mix red pepper, onions, and garlic with 1 tbsp (15 ml) of olive oil in 9 x 13 inch baking dish and roast in oven for 25 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- While vegetables roast, remove casing from bratwurst, crumble and brown in a skillet over medium heat until they are no longer pink and are well browned.
- Remove bratwurst and drain on paper towel; pour fat from skillet.
- Add bratwurst and beer to skillet and simmer.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125 ml) of pasta water.
- Remove roasted vegetables from oven, immediately add bratwurst from skillet, add basil, pasta, 1 cup (225 ml) of cheese and toss to mix thoroughly--if mixture seems too dry, add some of the pasta water to moisten.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and serve.
- Note: I generally use more cheese in this recipe. We like using a combination of swiss and mozzarella to the cheddar.
Take this wrapped in foil to the picnic or parking lot for tailgating. It is also a FAVORITE of men and they will consume it all like crazy.. especially if you use hot spicy brats and have lots of cooooold beer!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.