Print Friendly Recipe
- Simple and Quick with E-Z clean-up! Spicy and Cheesey Chicken baked to perfection all in one pan! VERY economical too!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:4 (can be increased easily)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa (we like La Victoria Medium Heat Chunky)
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded cheddar or combination cheddar/jack cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- sliced black olives (optional garnish)
- chopped green onions (optional garnish)
- corn or flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Put washed and paper towel patted dry chicken breasts in an 8 inch x 8 inch baking dish (I use a pretty combination baking/serving crock casserole dish).
- Cover the chicken with salsa.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Top with cheese(s) and broil during last 5 minutes of baking time to melt and toast cheese.
- Garnish with sour cream (and black olives and chopped green onion if used) and additional salsa if desired.
- Serve with corn or flour tortillas.
- This is a simple and quick meal that makes everyone happy! It can easily be doubled or halved or tripled if needed! Try it with a whole cut-up chicken or less expensive chicken parts like legs or thighs for a VERY economical, time-saving meal.
We have always enjoyed this recipe with a chilled fruit cup and lots of carrot and jicama sticks or an oil and vinegar and a touch of sugar dressed cabbage slaw for a complete nutritious meal.
Special Note: I have done this in a crock-pot. I have taken a whole chicken and stuck it in the crockpot and poured in the salsa. Very good, but the baking method is much, much better.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.