Print Friendly Recipe
- Richly creamy brie cheese with a quality ham grilled to perfection with butter. Decadent with suggested fruits and Fresh Spring Asparagus!
- S. Chokel
- 12 slices pumpernickel bread
- your favorite mustard (We like a French coarse ground, white wine spiked mustard)
- 1 lb (.5 kg). thinly sliced smoked ham (quality is VERY important here)
- 1 lb (.5 kg). thinly sliced Brie cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, softened to spead
- Butter each slice of bread on one side only.
- Turn six slices of the bread on the buttered side to the preparation area.
- Spread those open sided slices of bread with the mustard.
- Next, layer with the ham and Brie.
- Spread the other six slices of bread with mustard on the unbuttered side.
- Place these slices mustard side down on top of the ham and brie.
- Heat a skillet, electric frying pan or griddle to medium heat and grill sandwiches.
- When bottom is golden brown and the cheese beings to melt more (as brie is very soft to begin with), turn them over and grill to a light golden brown.
- Serve with slices of Apples and Pears lightly drizzled with chilled white wine.
- EASILY increased or decreased as need of servings dictate. I have served these many times as dinner when it is just my husband and myself and we want to enjoy a tasty and simple meal.
This is an excellent sandwich to serve with the Spring Harvest of Fresh Asparagus!! The fruit, sandwich and asparagus is so delicious and a pretty spring presentation!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.