Print Friendly Recipe
- A working woman's favorite. Economical, satisfying, richly flavored, nutritious, and kids of all ages will eat it. Made in a crockpot.
- S. Chokel
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). chicken, cut up
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) water or chicken stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups (475 ml) cubed cooked ham
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 2 16 oz (448 grm). cans whole tomatoes, smooshed up in your hands or cut up
- 10 oz (280 grm). package frozen lima beans, thawed
- 10 oz (280 grm). package frozen whole kernel corn, partially thawed
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) seasoned salt
- Combine chicken with water (or stock), onion, ham, and potatoes in the crockpot.
- Cook covered on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is done.
- Carefully lift chicken out of pot; remove meat from bones.
- When done, return the chicken meat to the pot.
- Add tomatoes, beans, corn, salt, seasoned salt, sugar and pepper.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour.
- This is so good with a simple Bisquick Biscuit and honey butter or butter and your favorite jam.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.