Print Friendly Recipe
- SIMPLE, EASY, ECONOMICAL.. the BEST Chicken Stew for busy cooks.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). chicken breasts, skined and boned, cut in 1" cubes
- 2 cups (475 ml) fat-free chicken broth
- 3 cups (700 ml) potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup (225 ml) onion, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) celery, sliced
- 1 cup (225 ml) carrots, sliced thin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried thyme
- 6 oz (168 grm). no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cornstarch
- In a slow cooker crock pot, combine together the chicken cut in 1" cubes, chicken broth, potatoes, onions, celery, carrots, paprika, pepper, sage, thyme, and tomato paste.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- After the 4 hours, mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into stew.
- Cook, covered, 30 minutes more or until the vegetables are tender.
- This is our favorite recipe for crock pot chicken stew.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.