Print Friendly Recipe
- Chip Chips are samll mollusks or shell fish
- S. Chokel
- 4 cups (950 ml) chip chip
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cups (1425 ml) water
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). potatoes (or eddoes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) tomato ketchup
- a sprig of thyme
- Remove sand from chip chips by washing thoroughly.
- Then wash them with lime juice and pour boiling over then to scald them.
- Drain and place them in 6 cups (1425 ml) of water and cook them for 15 minutes.
- Strain off the liquid saving it to use as the stock, add the seasonings and sliced potaotes.
- When the potatoes are cooked, strain the mixture through a seive and add the cooked chip chips, having removed the shells.
- Mix in the butter and ketchup last and gently reheat before serving.
- I have never had this dish, but I have a friend who lived in the Carribean and she gave me this one to share with you.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.