Print Friendly Recipe
- Vegetarian Carribean Salad.. interesting.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 small head of cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) peanuts, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) butter
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) white pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the chopped cabbage and chopped peanuts together and season with salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
- Cream the butter, mustard, sugar and flour together.
- Carefully stir in the vinegar.
- Cook this mixture in a double boiler until very thick and add beaten egg yolks.. blend in thoroughly.
- When warm and blended well, pour over nuts and cabbage, toss gently, and serve.
- According to my friend, this is a very, very traditional salad served in Carribean homes. Again, I have never tried this recipe, so I cannot vouch for it's success.. but my friend says it is great stuff.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.