Print Friendly Recipe
- Potato candy
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mashed potatoes
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) sifted confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- Put potaoes in large bowl(one can use instant potatoes to make 1/4 cup).
- Add salt, sugar, vanilla, coconut and butter.
- Mix well.
- Knead several minutes, adding more sugar, if necessary, to make a stiff dough.
- Tear off a tsp of dough and form into a small log shape.
- Roll in cinnamon.
- Lay on wax paper for 1 hour to dry.
- Store in air tight container.
- My mother has made these for the last sixty years but I have no idea where the recipe came from.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.