Print Friendly Recipe
- A traditional Swiss recipe; quite different from French onion.
- 6 large onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 4 cups (950 ml) milk
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken broth (or water)
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). Swiss cheese, grated
- 6 slices stale bread, cubed
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- Cook onion in butter until soft but still white; NOT brown.
- Stir in milk and broth.
- Bring to slow boil.
- Add grated cheese, bread, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Simmer, covered, over lowest possible heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.