Print Friendly Recipe
- An old standard based on a Fannie Farmer Cookbook Rx
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cornstarch
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold milk (separate from above 2 cups)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- Scald the 2 cups (475 ml) of milk in a double boiler.
- Mix the cornstarch, sugar, and salt in a small bowl.
- Stir the 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk into the cornstarch mixture in bowl.
- With scalded milk STILL in double boiler over medium heat; add the cornstarch mixture to the milk VERY slowly.
- Stir CONSTANTLY while adding and until pudding thickens; approximately 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly, stirring ocasionally.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into molds or serving dishes.
- (1)Careful when adding the cornstarch mixture. This can "lump up" if added too quickly or without proper stirring.
(2)This is traditionally poured into molds and then unmolded when cold; but I always use custard cups and serve right from the cup.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.