Print Friendly Recipe
- This is a "tastes like" Wendy's chili & it really does taste like it!
- CopyKat.com Copy Cat Recipe Creations
Serves/Makes:10 or so
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lean ground beef
- 1 quart (950 ml) tomato juice
- 1 29 oz (812 grm). can tomato puree
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can red beans, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced celery (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cumin
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) sugar
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- In a frying pan, brown the ground beef; drain.
- Put the drained beef and the remaining ingredients into a 6-quart pot.
- Cover the pot; let it simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
- For stronger flavor, add more cumin.
- The cayenne pepper is what makes it HOT! You can use more if you want hotter chili, but be careful as a little of this goes a really long, long way. (I don't even put it in my chili). The cumin gives it that "taco" flavor. The recipe called for celery, but I didn't have any and I couldn't tell the difference between this and the real Wendy's chili.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.