Print Friendly Recipe
- This is from the cookbook published by the Methodist Church women of Delphi, Indiana, more than a half century ago.
- Celia Snyder- Champaign County Coordinator
Serves/Makes:about 2 cups
- 1 cup (225 ml) mashed potato (can be made from instant potatoes)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) warm water, 105-115 degrees
- Stir together in a quart glass jar, cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place (80-85 degrees) for two days or until it ferments, bubbles up, and smells pleasantly sour.
- Use, or seal and refrigerate.
- Easy to keep on hand and great for potato rolls or bread.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.