Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vodka
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 cups (475 ml) heavy cream
- grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook garlic in olive oil until tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, breaking up a bit with fork.
- Stir in basil, salt and pepper and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in vodka and cook 15 minutes more.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
- Stir cream into sauce and cook 10 minutes more.
- Toss with hot pasta.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.