Print Friendly Recipe
- Penne in a rose sauce with bacon.
- Matt and Dave
- 1-1/2 large yellow onions
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped tomatoes
- 28 oz (784 grm). can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vodka
- 3/4 pound penne pasta
- Cook and drain the penne pasta.
- Set aside.
- In a pan or skillet, saute thinly sliced onions, crushed garlic and bacon.
- Add diced tomato and deglaze (cook until alcohol has evaporated) with vodka.
- Add crushed tomatoes and cream.
- Reduce heat until thickened and season with salt and pepper.
- Add to pasta, toss and serve.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.