Print Friendly Recipe
- Could be right out of a Tuscan Kitchen; hearty and rich in flavor with an elegance of something special!
- S. Chokel
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter (no substitution)
- 2 cans or a pint of minced clams, drained and liquid reserved
- 2 small cloves garlic, put through a press
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped parsley
- 1 small or about 1/2 of a medium onion, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) sweet basil (oregano can be substituted)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 to 1 pound of linguine pasta (spaghetti or other pasta shapes can be used too)
- Parmesan cheese curls or grated for garnish
- Lots of Foccasia or French baguette bread to sop up sauce.
- Put the oil, butter, pressed garlic cloves, salt and pepper in pan and cook until golden.
- Add sweet basil, drained clams and a little of the clam juice.
- Steam for 5 minutes covered on low heat.
- Pour over 3/4 to 1 pound of cooked linguine on one pretty serving platter or on individual plates with divided pasta.
- Sprinkle with parmeson cheese curls or grated cheese.
- This is a creative recipe in many ways. Often times, depending on mood, I will add 1/8 to 1/4 cup of a good white wine. I will increase the ingredients and add shrimp for a really special meal.
I recommend bibs! This can be a fun and joyful meal!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.