Print Friendly Recipe
- A super simple and wonderfully delicious dish for Lent or anytime you want a simple entree to have with a green salad.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). butter, melted
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 16 soda crackers, crushed
- 4 jumbo or 5 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). can (or a pint of fresh) oysters, chopped with brine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, optional to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a large deep mixing bowl at one time.
- Pour into a large deep greased casserole ovenproof dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) until firm, about 45 minutes or so.
- We like this with a green salad and a crumbled blue cheese on a sweetened oil and vinegar dressing.
This recipe was given to me in 1987, from a patron of Quinn's at Kailua Kona, Hawaii after a night of slammers. He claimed to be a ship's captain for a famous person and it was that person's favorite. I have no idea if that is true or not, but the recipe is the best oyster casserole I have ever had!!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.