Print Friendly Recipe
- A starter good for any sourdough recipe. Makes 1 cup starter every 3 days.
- Mary Ann
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) instant potatoes
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) warm water
- 2-1/4 tsp (10 ml) active dry yeast
- Combine instant potatoes, sugar, water, and yeast in a covered container(I prefer glass).
- Let the starter sit on a counter for 5 days, stirring daily with a wooden spoon.
- In the morning of the 5th day, feed the starter with 3 tbsp (45 ml) instant potatoes, 3 tsp (15 ml) sugar, and 1 cup (225 ml) warm water.
- Place the remaining starter in the refrigerator to rest. Feed the starter every 3 days, using this procedure.
- This can be used in any recipe that calls for sourdough starter.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.