Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 lb (.5 kg). confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). milk or water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). almond extract (or vanilla)
- Cream shortening and butter.
- Add sugar, water and extract.
- Blend on medium speed until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Blend a minute or two more until creamy in texture.
- If using a hand mixer and icing is not creamy, use high speed or add more milk a drop at a time.
- I prefer almond extract because it is colorless. This icing must be thick if using it for decorating.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.