Print Friendly Recipe
- yumyum recipes
- 1 lb (.5 kg). potatoes (about 2 medium-sized)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) bacon drippings
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). can corned beef OR 2 cups cooked corned beef
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can diced beets, drained OR 1 cup (225 ml) cooked diced beets
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel and dice potatoes into 1/2" cubes.
- Place in a 4 cups (950 ml) glass measure;add water.
- Cover with plastic wrap,venting spout area.
- Microwave on high 6 to 7 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Place onion and bacon drippings in a 2 quarts (1900 ml) casserole.
- Cover with lid or plastic wrap and microwave on high 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in potatoes,corned beef,beets,milk and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Microwave on high 3 minutes or to desired temperature.
- If desired,mixture may be browned in a skillet on conventional range top in lieu of final reheating in microwave.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.