Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:8 half pint jars
- 8 cups (1900 ml) cooking apples, cored,peeled and sliced thin
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 5 cups (1175 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1 orange-thinly sliced and slivered
- Bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring until all sugar is dissolved.
- Add lemon juice, apples, and orange...boil rapidly until the mixture reaches 211 degrees (100 C.).
- Remove from heat, skim off the foam, ladle into eight sterilized half pint jars, and seal.
- I watch as it cooks to make sure it doesn't burn...
I once added some chopped marachino cherries and it was great!
I also substituted pears for apples and they worked well too.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.