Print Friendly Recipe
- Tasty Tried and True recipe from the Amish. VERY easy and a wonderful way to serve a ham dinner.
- S. Chokel
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). smoked ham
- 1 quart (950 ml) green beans, washed and broken into 1 inch pieces
- 6 medium potatoes, washed, pared, and quartered
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- warmed apple cider vinegar, optional
- Cover ham with cold water and simmer 2-1/2 hours.
- If necessary, add water during cooking to keep at least 1 quart (950 ml) of broth at all times.
- Add the beans and continue cooking about 25 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook another 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
- If you want to enjoy this in the truly Amish manner, serve with heated Apple Cider Vinegar.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.