Print Friendly Recipe
- Mexican hors d'ouvres(snacks)
- John Dutton
- 2 dozen corn tortillas (yellow, if you can find them)
- 1 lb (.5 kg). leftover roast beef, roast pork, chicken or turkey (more or less)
- vegetable oil for frying
- sour cream
- Using tongs, dip tortillas in hot oil to soften.
- Drain on paper and let cool to handle.
- Place about 1 oz (28 grm). of meat across center of tortilla, roll tight and secure with toothpick.
- Using tongs, place in deep fryer or pan with oil and hold several seconds until set and won't unroll.
- Repeat to capacity of fryer noting which ones were put in first.
- Remove in opposite order when hard but not burnt.
- Serve with bowls of guacamole, salsa and sour cream. Dip,eat and enjoy. Great for football games.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.