Print Friendly Recipe
- Very light and sweet
- Suzanne M.
Serves/Makes:Frosts one cake
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening (such as Crisco)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
- 7-1/2 tbsp (100 ml) flour
- 3 cups (700 ml) powdered sugar
- flavoring to taste
- Whip together shortening and butter.
- Add milk, flour and powdered sugar.
- Continue to whip for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Choice of flavoring-vanilla, almond extract, maraschino cherry juice, etc. My friend gave me this recipe years ago and I never have made a better whipped icing, including the recipes that include cooking.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.