Print Friendly Recipe
- From Debbie's mom's WWll cookbook
- Weird recipes(Debbie)
- 3 crows
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lard/shortening
- 1 pint stock or gravy
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
- Clean and cut crows into small portions.
- Let them cook a short time in the lard/shortening in a saucepan, being careful not to brown them.
- Next, add to the contents of the pan, the stock or gravy, and salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
- Simmer 1 hour, or until tender, add mushrooms, simmer 10 minutes more and then stir in cream.
- Arrange the mushrooms around the crows on a hot platter.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.