Print Friendly Recipe
- From Debbie's Mom's WWll cookbook
- Weird and Different recipes (Debbie)
- 1 crow
- stuffing of your choice
- salt and pepper
- 2 pie crust mixes
- 2 to 3 hard-boiled eggs
- Stuff the crow.
- Loosen joints with a knife but do not cut through.
- Simmer the crow in a stew-pan, with enough water to cover, until nearly tender, then season with salt and pepper.
- Remove meat from bones and set aside.
- Prepare pie crusts as directed (Do not bake).
- Make a medium thick gravy with flour, shortening, and juices in which the crow has cooked and let cool.
- Line a pie plate with pie crust and line with slices of hard-boiled egg.
- Place crow meat on top.
- Pour gravy over the crow.
- Place second pie dough crust over top.
- Bake at 450 degrees (225 C.) for 1/2 hour.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.