Print Friendly Recipe
- Dottie Adams
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) unsweetened apple juice
- 20 cinnamon red hot candies
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) red food coloring
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla extract
- 5 Granny Smith apples
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cornstarch
- 1 9 inch pie crust, baked
- Peel and core the apples.
- Slice thinly.
- Combine 1 1/2 c apple juice, candies, food coloring, vanilla, and apples in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer until apples are tender, stirring frequently.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) apple juice and corn starch; stir into apple mixture, and cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Spread apple mixture into pie shell, and chill for several hours.
- Before serving, top with whipped topping and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.