Print Friendly Recipe
- The richly decadent sweet and tart of Key Limes in a creamy mouth watering cheesecake. Forget the pie, grab this instead!!
- S. Chokel
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) butter, melted
- 1 cup (225 ml) plus 1 tbsp (15 ml) granulated sugar
- 3 8 oz (224 grm). packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh or bottled key lime juice (If using fresh green limes or juice, use 1/2 Cup).
- 3 whole jumbo eggs (or 4 large eggs)
- Garnish: sweetened whipped cream
- Optional garnish: candied lime peel julienned strips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Combine crumbs, butter and 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar in a bowl.
- Stir well to coat all crumbs.
- Press the crumbs onto the bottom and about half way up the sides of an 8" springform pan.
- Bake crust for 5 minutes and set aside.
- In large deep mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 1 cup (225 ml) sugar and the vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Add key lime juice and eggs and continue to beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling onto baked crust.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes.
- If top turns light brown, it's done.
- Remove from the oven and cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Place in the fridgerator to chill.
- When chilled, remove the springform pan sides and cut.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream and the lime strips is used.
- Hint: To avoid cheesecakes from having their tops crack while baking, it is useful to put a pan of hot water, like a 9 x 13 cake pan in the oven under the springform pan.
Note: This recipe was sent to me by a friend with a big encouragement to try it out and think about it for our family Easter Dinner. It is the best mouth experience we have had. It will be a standard dessert around here forever!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.