Print Friendly Recipe
- Sara K.
- 4 fresh haddock fillets
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). bacon, diced
- 4 shallots, minced
- 1 bunch spinach, washed, dried and chopped
- 4 slices stale white bread
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 oz (56 grm). sliced almonds
- salt, pepper, chopped basil, sage, parsley, and chives
- 1 cup (225 ml) dry white wine
- Saute the shallots and bacon.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Break the bread into a mixture of the milk and eggs.
- Add to the spinach mixture, season and stir in the herbs and almonds.
- Lay two of the filets in a lightly greased baking pan.
- Cover with the stuffing and top each with a second filet.
- Pour the wine over and bake at about 325 degrees (175 C.), basting with the wine frequently until the fish is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and a green vegetable, with pan juices on the side.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.