Print Friendly Recipe
- A bundt style cake that is rich in flavor and wonderful moist texture. Great with tea or on banquet table. EASY and ELEGANT!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:10 or more slices
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). package butterscotch instant pudding
- 3 jumbo eggs, or 4 large, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) cooking oil (canola, corn or vegetable best)
- 1 cup (225 ml) sherry wine (not cooking wine, the real thing)
- 1 oz (28 grm). poppy seeds
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease and flour a bundt or tube pan.
- In a large deep mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together and beat on a medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured bundt (or tube) pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven when a toothpick comes clean, and cool.
- Leave plain or sprinkle with powdered sugar when cooled.
- I have made this cake substituting Frangelico and Vanilla pudding and added a chocolate glaze and hazelnuts to decorate the top.
This is a really wonderful cake and so very easy and quick to have ready for dinner within just 2 hours.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.