Print Friendly Recipe
- Bon Appétit Light and Easy
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 2-1/2 pounds small Red Delicious apples (about 6 medium), quartered, cored, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1 1 pint basket fresh strawberries, hulled, halved
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). package strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 2 tsp (10 ml) fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Cook first 3 ingredients covered in heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat until apples are falling-apart tender, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes.
- Mix in gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Adjust tartness with lemon juice, if desired.
- Cover and let cool.
- Refrigerate until cold and thickened, at least 2 hours.
- If you don't like chunks, you can mash or puree the fruit mixture to make a texture you prefer.
Can be prepared up to 3 days ahead.
Per serving; calories, 170; fat, 1 g; sodium, 46 mg; cholesterol, 0 mg
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.